Monday, April 4, 2011

Nationals Re-cap

Back to the grind. 

We had a great time in PEI.  Tom, Jason, Heather and all of their helpers put on a fantastic National meet.  Everything was super organized, on time, and it seemed like they thought of every last detail.  The Rodd Royalty was a great venue, and the rooms were really nice.  I didn't get a chance to try out the water slide though...

Lifting at 5pm in the afternoon was different to say the least.  Although it did give me a chance to watch Jayne Major SMASH some new P.R.'s and take home the gold, it still seemed like the longest day in history.

Weighed in at 69.7kg, well under my weight class cut off.
Warm up room was well equipped, with lots of racks and plates and a live feed from the platform.

Squat attempts:  180kg (396lbs)- 3 whites, drilled it
                         192.5kg (424lbs)- 2 whites- Competition PR
                         197.5kg (440lbs)- 2 reds for depth, but drilled it!

Bench attempts:  117.5kg (260lbs)- 2 reds, low touch
                          117.5kg  (same)-3 whites
                          122.5kg (270lbs)- 3 whites

DL attempts:  170 kg (375lbs)- 3 whites
                      182.5 kg (403lbs)- no lift
                      182.5 kg- no lift

Total: 485 kg (1069lbs)
Wilks: 483.93
Best Open Female Lifter award

Obviously the squats went well, aside from the last attempt.  Despite getting red lighted, I am still super excited that I squatted my last attempt, and really well to boot!  Little more depth and 200kgs is on the horizon.  This time around, the bench press went fairly well.  Thanks to Mark Giffin for some behind the scenes help.  Also, I really focused on being confident, and visualizing smashing some bench presses all week.  I think it really paid off.  Extremely happy that I didn't have to rely on a last attempt for a total!   Disappointed with my DL, I thought for sure that it was going up this meet.
Drilling my last squat and DL would have gotten me my 500 wilks...So close!  Next time for sure. 
So, bottom line is that Ultimate Fitness came out with 3 gold metals at the Nationals this year.  Congrats to Ellynne, a training client of Paul's who won her weight class in the Bench only on Tuesday, and of course Jayne won her weight class as well. 
We must be doing something right!  It must be the coaching :)
Back to the gym, time to get stronger.  And get rid of some celebratory weight gain...
                                                              ...

Me and my Best Lifter trophy...Oh ya, and the Confederation Bridge.

......

No comments:

Post a Comment